FUE Hair Transplants in NYC, NY
Welcome to MAXIM Hair Restoration in NYC
Follicular unit extraction, or FUE, is a technological breakthrough in hair transplant surgery. This method relocates your hair follicles from the back and sides of the head to thinning or balding parts of your head. It has resulted in less downtime and scarring than other methods. If you are suffering from baldness or hair loss, MAXIM’s FUE hair transplant in NYC, NY, could be the solution. The office is located close to the Empire State Building, from where Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Westchester, New Jersey, and Long Island are all served.
Let’s understand the FUE hair transplant procedure in depth.
What Is an FUE Hair Transplant?
A “follicular unit” is a cluster of one to four natural hairs that sprout from the scalp. These units are extracted separately from the sides and back of the scalp during FUE. MAXIM’s FUE hair transplant in NYC aims to remove these healthy hair follicles and relocate them to regions of the scalp where balding or hair thinning has happened, allowing for new hair growth.
The units are taken for grafting from the donor area, where the hair restoration doctor or clinician creates a tiny circular cut around the hair strands before extracting them from the skin. When a sufficient number of follicular units is extracted, they are inserted individually in the desired regions.
What Are the Benefits of FUE Hair Transplants in NYC?
MAXIM’s FUE hair transplant in NYC has several advantages.
People choose FUE over other options like FUT because it does not create any visible linear scar in the donor area of the scalp. Earlier, the strip method was used, which left a big, linear scar on the back of the scalp. This doesn’t happen with FUE, the more advanced procedure.
This surgery is highly dependable and successful. One of the primary benefits of an FUE transplant is that patients recover swiftly. Previously, recovery may take months, but today it just takes a few weeks. The patient can resume regular life just after a week of their hair transplant procedure.
FUE hair transplant involves minimal pain and discomfort. After the transplant, you will not require sutures. Thanks to technological advancements, it is now feasible to do a hair transplant efficiently. You can even wear a short hairstyle after the treatment, and no one would notice you’ve had a hair transplant done. The FUE after-surgery period is definitely less painful than the FUT procedure.
FUE surgery yields natural and long-lasting results. This method is well-known around the world for its accuracy. Doctors can also strategically direct how your hair grows to ensure a full head of hair.
FUE has an almost negligible possibility of infection or complications, as this treatment is minimally invasive and done under local anesthesia.
The quality of patients’ transplanted hair is identical to that of their natural hair. Follicular unit extraction (FUE) is the best option for anyone who wishes to appear younger and get rid of baldness.
Quick Return to Routine
After the FUE operation, you can resume your normal activities after a couple of weeks. You can even work out or do anything as part of your routine.
How Much Does an FUE Hair Transplant Cost in NYC?
You can manage the cost of an FUE hair transplant surgery as it entirely depends on the number of grafts done. With MAXIM’s NYC office, you can rest assured there is no hidden cost or gimmicks; hence it’s pretty affordable. Here, payment is accepted in all forms: cash, credit cards, or certified checks. We also offer 0% financing.
What To Do Before Your FUE Hair Transplant in NYC?
You must follow specific instructions before your FUE hair transplant surgery.
- Before the operation, wash your hair with a gentle shampoo. Refrain from using hair products like mousse or style gel.
- Ensure that you have taken all the doctor’s prescribed medicines.
- Breakfast should be light (not fried or oily).
- You should avoid caffeine on the day of the surgery. No Red Bull either.
- During the surgery, you will be given local anesthesia. Because of the length of the treatment, minor sedation will help relieve stress.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes that don’t need to be pulled over your head.
- Ensure someone drives you home after the surgery.
- You must turn your cell phone off during your operation unless you use it for playing music.
What To Do After Your FUE Hair Transplant in NYC?
There are also a few precautions that you must take following your FUE hair transplant surgery.
- To reduce swelling, lay an ice pack over the brows for a few minutes every hour. However, stay a minimum of an inch away from the grafts.
- Many of the graft sites will have small scabs on them. These customarily come off after seven to 14 days. Please do not pluck them off; you may prolong the healing process.
- After the FUE procedure is done, the doctor will put a dressing on. Leave it on until your next appointment, when the doctor will remove it.
- During the first few weeks following the surgery, the hair in the grafts may fall out. This is normal, and your new hair will begin to grow about four to six months following your treatment.
- For six to seven days after your surgery, avoid bending, lifting, and straining yourself, including driving. For one week, refrain from engaging in any vigorous activities. Excessive exercise may result in edema, bleeding, and graft loss.
- Don’t bend down entirely after the operation for a couple of days, even to tie your shoelaces.
- There will undoubtedly be some numbness at the incision points and the graft sites. This is typical and will go away in six to eight weeks.
- Take your antibiotics and any meds as directed by the doctor.
To find out if you are a candidate for FUE surgery, contact MAXIM Hair Restoration’s NYC, NY office for a free consultation. Our staff is competent and kind. They will be able to answer any concerns or questions you may have about the therapy.