Before you have hair transplant surgery, it is helpful to speak to an expert hair transplant doctor near you to determine how your transplant will turn out. The truth is that every head of hair is different from all others and you cannot know exactly how it will turn out. However, with a few facts at your disposal, you can get an advance idea of how your hair will look.
1. The more hairs per graft that are used in your hair transplant, the less natural your hair will look. Many hair transplant doctors still use grafts that contain up to eight hairs. These do not look as conspicuous as the hair plugs of earlier decades, but they do not look as natural as they can, either. Try to find a doctor that uses grafts that contain 1-4 hair follicles.
These smaller grafts, also called follicular unit grafts, are ideal in restoring a receding hairline. If your doctor uses the follicular unit grafts for your hairline, it will look much more natural than with the larger plug-like grafts. This is important because your hair transplant will be noticeable if the hairline is not done well.
2. Your hair transplant site will be fuller if you have higher density in your donor sites. The density is based upon the number of hair follicles you have in each section of your scalp. If you have a high number of hair follicles per square centimeter than most people, more grafts can be done, so your hair will look fuller.
3. Your scalp laxity will also affect the fullness of your resulting hair transplant site. This refers to the flexibility of your scalp. How loose your scalp is helps to decide how many grafts can be done just as hair density does.
4. Coarse hair will cover more area. When your hair transplant is done, the surgeon will be able to use fewer hair follicles per graft if your hair is coarse. That is because coarse hair provides more coverage. However, finer hair will tend to look more natural, if thinner.
5. Straight hair does not cover scalp like curly hair does. If you have straight hair, you can be sure that your hair transplant surgery will be a challenge to your doctor. Curly hair appears to provide even more coverage than it actually does because it stands up from the head.
6. The way your hair color compares to your skin color will have an effect on the look of your hair transplant. If you have a hair color that is similar to the color of your skin, you are in luck. Your scalp will not betray any lack of coverage that happens to be present.
If, on the other hand, your hair and skin color contrast distinctly hair follicles show up more. If there is even the slightest lack of coverage, it will be evident. Just imagine a very light-skinned person with jet-black hair. This person’s hair follicles will stand out in a very obvious way.
Every hair transplant surgery will have varying results. All of the basic problems can be dealt with if a skilled hair transplant surgeon is involved. However, knowing the possibilities will make it easier for you to know what questions to ask.
The hair transplant doctors, physicians and surgeons at MAXIM Hair Restoration have performed thousands of hair transplant procedures combined both in the U.S. and overseas. Maxim Hair Restoration performs safe, proven, and natural hair transplant that can grow your hair!
Contact Us For More Information OR submit the Contact Form on this page to request your complimentary hair restoration consultation by phone, Skype or with a MAXIM hair transplant physician or surgeon near you.
You can also Email your pics to MAXIM Hair Restoration to find out if you are a good candidate for hair restoration OR to obtain an estimate for your procedure and the approximate number of grafts that would be required to give you a great result.