Welcome to MAXIM Hair Restoration in Albany
If you’re facing hair loss, it might affect your confidence. However, if it is of any consolation, it’s something that a significant number of women and men are dealing with. However, ladies with thinning hair and gentlemen with male pattern baldness have several alternatives for reclaiming their lost crowning glory. An FUE hair transplant is one of them. Hair transplant techniques have advanced significantly since your grandparents’ times. So, if you’ve given non-invasive hair loss treatments a shot and have not been impressed, FUE is one of the best options for you today.
If you’re facing hair loss issues and looking for a good hair restoration clinic in Albany, NY, Latham, or anywhere in Upstate NY then MAXIM is one of the best options for all your hair-related problems. It is easily accessible from Upstate New York City (NYC), Buffalo, Syracuse, Binghamton, Saratoga, Schenectady, Saratoga Springs, Ithaca, Binghamton, Kingston, Massachusetts, Connecticut and a few more areas. Call us today at (802) 370-3227.
What Is an FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE is a surgical procedure where each follicular unit is carefully taken from the donor region of your scalp. A skillful surgeon or clinician selects extracted hair from various regions of the donor area to avoid visible thinning. These follicles are prepared for insertion before being transplanted into parts of your scalp where you have baldness or thinning hair. Since the surgery leaves no visible linear scars, it is suitable for individuals who wear or may desire to wear shorter haircuts. You may see some redness and discomfort following treatment, but most patients experience very little or no pain.
Benefits of FUE Hair Transplant
If you’re a candidate for an FUE hair transplant, these are some benefits of this hair restoration process.
Because hair follicles are harvested and examined, only healthy follicular grafts are used, resulting in remarkable results and a more distinct hairline or fuller head of hair.
Minimum Post-operative Distress
Hair transplant doctors employ a simple local anesthetic similar to that used in dentistry offices to enhance patient comfort. Mild analgesics can be used to relieve discomfort if it arises. Furthermore, because the technique is almost non-invasive, the risk of infections is relatively minimal.
No Linear Scars
FUE scars are microscopic and spread across your scalp; hence they are impossible to notice without a thorough inspection. This allows you to wear short haircuts.
Because the FUE procedure does not need skin grafts or stitches, you may resume your typical activities within a few days. And because the FUE transplant process is less invasive, you won’t have any discomfort.
The sophisticated FUE technology produces natural results, as you cannot tell the transplanted hair from the natural hair. In an FUE transplant, the hair transplant doctor or clinician grafts your hair in a direction and angle that matches the pattern of the adjacent strands. Consequently, transplanted hair naturally merges in with the surrounding hair.
Ample Harvesting Area
FUE allows donor hair reserves to expand, which is especially beneficial for patients with limited donor hair and a high recipient need. In some instances, the donor hair reserves can be the client’s chest, belly, under arms, legs, and beard hair if the scalp’s back and sides don’t have enough donor hair although this is rarely necessary.
How Much Does an FUE Hair Transplant Cost in Albany and Upstate, NY?
Multiple factors determine the final cost of an FUE hair transplant. The number of grafts is the most critical consideration. The number of hair transplant surgeons in your region doing this procedure and how qualified or sought-after your hair doctor is may also affect the price.
In addition, as most health insurance policies do not cover cosmetic procedures such as these, you will most likely have to pay for your FUE procedure out of pocket or get it financed. You’ll also have to pay for prescription drugs for pain and other potential adverse effects of the treatment which is a small amount. When calculating the cost, remember to include a couple of days off work for recovery. This might imply three to four days at home. Most employers’ medical leave policies do not include hair transplants.
After considering all of the above, MAXIM Hair Restoration, Albany, in Upstate NY, still ensures that your procedure is affordable, and we also provide a 0% finance options if you qualify.
What to Do Before Your FUE Hair Transplant?
You must follow certain instructions before the operation to have optimal results for your FUE transplant. A few of them are:
- If you take prescription drugs regularly, find out from your doctor if you should stop taking them before the treatment, particularly if you are on blood thinners or Aspirin.
- Please refrain from smoking for a week before and after your operation. Smoking might impede your recovery and contribute to less-than-ideal graft development.
- Avoid alcohol for 2-3 days prior to your procedure.
- Do not take Vitamin E for a few days prior to the procedure.
- The night before the surgery, thoroughly wash your hair, neck, and face with antibacterial soap.
- If you use a hairpiece or hair extension system, please ensure that you take it off when you shower the day before your operation and not just right before the surgery. Kindly remove all glue items from your scalp.
- Wear loose clothes on your surgery day. Try wearing a button-down or zipped top that you can readily take off.
- Have a light breakfast on the morning of your procedure.
- Carry no valuables to the clinic.
What to Do After Your FUE Hair Transplant?
Just like pre-operative directions, you must follow certain post-operative guidelines. Some of them are:
- You must discontinue alcohol and blood thinners for 48 hours following surgery.
- For the first three nights after the surgery, lie down in a semi-upright posture. A recliner would be best.
- Apply ice packs over the brows for about 15 to 20 minutes every hour to help reduce the swelling around the eyes or on the forehead, but don’t place it on the transplanted areas. Swelling may occur on the second or third day following the procedure. This inflammation is a natural component of the healing process and will generally decrease in a week.
- Refrain from doing weightlifting and any other strenuous activities during the first week. You can resume most work-related duties a day or two following the treatment.
If you still have doubts about FUE hair transplant, please contact the MAXIM Hair Restoration office at Albany at (802) 370-3227 or fill out the free consultation form, and one of our staff will get in touch with you to address all your doubts.