Claims About Sapphire FUE
The claims about sapphire FUE include the following:
- The blade creates micro-channels due to its sharpness, reducing trauma, swelling, and bleeding.
- Sapphire blades require hair transplant surgeons to inject less tumescence. Tumescence is a saline solution to gently inflate the upper layer of the skin to allow cuts to get a higher incision density.
- The blade allows sites to be made in closer proximity to each other, improving density.
- The sharp blade improves proper depth management.
- Sapphire FUE eliminates irregularities in wounds.
- Sapphire FUE minimizes trauma to the follicles themselves.
- Sapphire blades have antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
Many of these claims are a little misleading when addressed with some nuance.