Welcome to MAXIM Hair Restoration in Boca Raton
For some people, nothing is more frustrating than going bald. Despite the large selection available, the ineffectiveness of most over-the-counter medications discourages people from using them. With hair transplantation, patients can effectively and reliably restore their hair growth with a minor, outpatient cosmetic surgery procedure. You can achieve natural-looking results with Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) if you’re considering a hair transplant. MAXIM Hair Restoration provides natural-looking results for clients who experience thinning on their scalp, eyebrows, beard, and mustache, using the most advanced hair restoration techniques like FUE.
What Is an FUE Hair Transplant?
Hair transplants using FUE are most commonly performed on the scalp, but they can also be done on your face in order to enhance your beard and/or mustache. Hair follicle extraction involves removing hair follicles from one area on an individual and transferring them to another. Hair surgeons use micro punches to remove each follicular unit and relocate them. In this procedure, hair restoration occurs by transplanting new hair follicles to the thinning and balding areas. Once the transplant is over, the blood vessels nourish the newly grafted follicles, which start regrowth in the transplanted area.
An FUE harvesting technique may cause pit scarring in the donor area of the patient, which is a small and round scar that appears white after the removal of the grafts. Some side effects, such as swelling or sensitivity, may occur after treatment, but they should go away in a few days. The procedure typically takes six to eight hours. Sometimes, a mega session lasts for 10 to 12 hours. Each FUE procedure is usually performed as a minor outpatient surgery, so you can generally return home afterward and get back to your daily activities in a day or two.
Benefits of FUE Hair Transplant
The FUE procedure has several benefits, and a few of them are:
- High Graft Quality: It is possible to analyze and calculate each hair follicle’s characteristics in real-time with the latest computerized FUE system.
- Less Discomfort: Use of local anesthesia during the FUE procedure ensures minimal discomfort. It is very rare for FUE patients to experience complications, and the outcomes are typically very good. Most discomfort and signs of surgery will disappear within a week.
- Natural Looking Results: Hair harvesting and transplantation occur in natural groupings using the FUE method, leaving no linear scars behind. You can cut your hair short without worrying about leaving a visible scar for a more natural appearance.
- Faster Recovery: Unlike traditional procedures, FUE transplants do not require scalpels or stitches, so recovery is fast, allowing many people to resume daily activities quickly.
- Minimal Scarring: Due to the random nature of the follicle harvest, there is minimal effect on the density and appearance of the donor area. Because the donor area looks unaffected and unaltered, FUE is the preferred treatment for people who wear their hair short at the back.
High Success Rate: During the FUE process, only hair follicles are extracted from the healthy areas that are resistant to hair loss, so the results are lifelong.
How Much Does an FUE Hair Transplant Cost in Boca Raton, FL?
The FUE procedure offers great cost flexibility due to the number of grafts extracted/transplanted and the session size. The cost of an FUE procedure also depends on the skill and expertise of your surgeon. Moreover, since most health insurance policies do not reimburse cosmetic operations like this, you may have to pay for an FUE hair transplant. In addition, when calculating the cost, remember to include time off work for recovery, as most employers do not cover hair transplants in medical leave policies. At MAXIM Hair Restoration, Boca Raton, FL, depending on your specific needs, we can design the best treatment plan for you, which is affordable with 0% financing available.
What to Do Before Your FUE Hair Transplant?
While going for hair restoration and transplant surgery, it is essential to take the proper pre-hair transplant care. This will ensure that the transfer goes smoothly and that you feel no uneasiness during the procedure. Some of the instructions are:
- Refrain from taking painkillers, anti-inflammatory medicines, and blood-thinning drugs.
- Avoid taking steroids and cortisone creams, as they can increase bleeding during surgery.
- Do not consume alcohol and nicotine.
- Get plenty of sleep before your hair transplant to avoid stress and high blood pressure.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle a few days before the surgery, so you don’t have any issues while undergoing the operation.
- Have a light breakfast on the day of your procedure and avoid caffeine/soda.
- Don’t apply hair spray, gel, or any other styling products.
- On procedure day, wash your hair properly with shampoo to clean your scalp.
What to Do After Your FUE Hair Transplant?
You can minimize post-operative complications if you follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. Some of the instructions are:
- Bandages should be worn for at least a day and overnight following surgery to keep the incision line and surgical site clean.
- Please do not sleep with your head facing down; we recommend keeping your head elevated and resting towards your back.
- Use the provided solution to spray the implanted area every two hours.
- On the second day, gently wash the blood clots with lukewarm water. Do not rub the implanted area.
- After a week, wash the implanted area with baby shampoo gently with fingers to soak off the small crusts.
- After the procedure, refrain from exercise or strenuous activity for at least two weeks.
- Take all the recommended antibiotics and keep up with the application of prescribed oral medications.
We at MAXIM, Boca Raton, FL, offer the most advanced hair restoration techniques including FUT and FUE Hair Transplants. If you have any queries regarding hair loss and its restoration techniques, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We’ve got a team of experienced doctors and clinicians who are always ready to discuss your hair restoration needs and provide you with the best solution.