Welcome to MAXIM Hair Restoration in New Jersey
Hair transplantation provides a youthful visage to people suffering from hair loss, particularly male-pattern baldness. Of all the cutting-edge technologies in this field, FUT is the most established type of hair transplant procedure worldwide. This technology uses the client’s healthy follicular units and transfers them to the affected region of the scalp. This type of procedure provides natural-looking results.
At MAXIM Hair Restoration Center of New Jersey, thousands of delighted clients have been treated. We realize that you may have several FUT hair transplant clinic and doctor choices in New Jersey, but no one can beat MAXIM’s years of professional experience. Our New Century Surgery Center location, in Paramus, serves patients from Hackensack, Paramus, Ridgewood, Montclair, Clifton, Patterson, Englewood, Alpine, and all of Central and North Jersey including Bergen County.
What Is an FUT Hair Transplant?
During a FUT hair transplant procedure, the doctor removes a strip from the back and side of your scalp. The length of the strip is determined by the number of follicles required to fill the bald patches. The strip is typically half an inch wide and several inches long. Individual follicles are extracted from the patch and grafted into your scalp. Local anesthetic is effective at numbing the area, so patients remain awake for the procedure. FUT Hair transplant surgeries last about six hours which is generally faster than FUE (follicular unit extraction) procedures.
Benefits of FUT Hair Transplants
Let’s read about a few of the benefits of a FUT hair transplant.
Hair transplant surgery is an outpatient, clinic-based surgical procedure that ensures healthy hair growth in the balding area. This process involves grafting your real hair in clusters of one to four follicles, known as follicular units. Gathering hairs in follicular units makes the transplantation procedure easier, enhances your final result, and raises the likelihood of a full-proof transplant. You will have ever-lasting tresses by utilizing the most recent technological developments.
Hair transplants produce natural-looking results. Our experienced FUT hair surgeons decide on the best angle, placement, and distribution of the transplanted hairs. When done correctly, the results are amazing. The transplanted hair gels with your other healthy hair to provide an entirely natural appearance. Only you will be aware of your hair transplant.
After your recuperation period, the implanted hair does not need any particular care. You can style, trim, brush, color, and use the shampoo, conditioner, and gels of your choice. After your hair transplantation, you can resume your normal hair care routine.
Unlike shabby-looking wigs, which you can’t wear in a swimming pool or wind storm, this permanent solution will give you a lot of self-confidence.
How Much Does a FUT Hair Transplant Cost in New Jersey?
The cost of a FUT hair transplant surgery in New Jersey depends on many factors. The most important is the number of grafts implanted. To make your hair regrowth aspirations a reality, your surgeon may consider your budget and lifestyle aspirations. Also, remember that many insurance companies will not cover hair restoration procedures since they’re regarded as cosmetic surgery.
A hair transplant procedure will be less expensive if you can address your hair loss sooner rather than later. Your surgeon’s experience and skills also affect how much your surgery will cost.
At MAXIM Hair Transplant, New Jersey center, this surgery won’t burn a hole in your pocket. We also provide 0% financing to qualifying patients.
Who Is Best Suited for an FUT Hair Transplant?
You must have sufficient hair on your scalp to utilize as a donor for FUT transplants. Generally, men with androgenic alopecia (also known as male pattern baldness) are the most suitable candidates for FUT. This disorder often manifests in men in the Norwood pattern (M-shaped hairline with front hair loss). Women with this disorder typically have the Ludwig pattern (hair loss along the hair parting or thinning hair at the crown of the head. Generally, those with limited donor hair, women and others who’ve undergone an FUT procedure previously are good candidates for an FUT hair transplant procedure.
What to Do Before Your FUT Hair Transplant?
There are certain instructions your doctor will ask you to follow for a smooth operation. Some of them are:
- Stop eating spicy food a week before the surgery.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol at least 3 days prior.
- Eat a light breakfast on the morning of your procedure. Avoid caffeine and energy drinks such as Red Bull.
- Let your hair doctor know of your medical conditions like hypertension or diabetes and any other medical disorder or condition.
- Ask your doctor which medications to stop taking and/or continue a few days leading up to the procedure (e.g. Aspirin or blood thinners or Vitamin E).
- Speak to your primary care doctor about your procedure and get similar advice.
- If you are over 60 years of age or have cardiac conditions or hypertension, you will likely need medical clearance.
- Take a shower, and thoroughly cleanse your scalp before coming to the office for the surgery.
- Wear clothing that is loose and comfortable, preferably a button-down shirt.
What to Do After Your FUT Hair Transplant?
Though FUT is a safe surgical procedure, you still need to take a few post-surgery care as well. Some of the instructions that the doctor will give you are:
- Take the first pain reliever when you get home, and then every 5 hours after the initial dose. Don’t take your medication on an empty stomach.
- Don’t drive if you are using pain relievers or sedatives.
- Lie down with your head elevated using at least two pillows for a couple of nights after your
- Do not perform any heavy lifting or arduous manual labor.
- Do not consume alcohol, which can have adverse effects when combined with pain medication.
- Administer ice packs to the affected region (not on a graft) if you get swelling or bruising in your forehead or eyes.
- Do not go swimming for at least 48 hours after the sutures have been removed.
- Do not use Rogaine for ten days after your procedure.
- Wait at least three weeks after surgery before applying hair color.
Sutures in the donor location will be removed a couple of weeks after the transplant. Once your stitches have been removed, you can resume normal activities and enjoy your new head of hair.
If you live in New Jersey and you’re looking for a trusted place to get your FUT hair transplant done, then MAXIM has worked hard to gain the trust of people living there. An expert specialist always oversees all FUT hair transplant procedures by MAXIM. They have an unblemished record of successful hair transplant surgeries. Book a free consultation with their skilled staff to get all your questions answered.