FUT Hair Transplants in Sarasota, FL
Welcome to MAXIM Hair Restoration in Sarasota
Are you considering hair restoration surgery to revive your hair? If so, you aren’t alone. According to the NIH’s most recent data, hair loss affects around 85% of men and 40% of women, and hair transplant techniques like FUT (follicular unit transplant) provide them an opportunity to have a head full of hair.
MAXIM Hair Restoration is happy to serve hair transplant patients from Sarasota, Florida, and the surrounding areas. They’ve got satisfied patients from all over the West Coast of Florida, including Tampa, the Sarasota metro area, Bradenton, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Fort Myers, Largo, Venice, Spring Hill, Naples, and Lakeland.
What Is an FUT Hair Transplant?
Hair transplants have come a long way since the early days of hair plugs. A FUT hair transplant is a sustainable technique to restore your hair’s natural appearance. Your surgeon will employ follicular unit grafts to restore your lost hair—and self-confidence. After treating the donor region with an anesthetic, your doctor takes a thin slice of tissue, splits it into follicular grafts, and inserts them in the balding area. Many patients can resume their routine activities within a few days, and any stiffness and swelling normally subsides after a week.
FUT is often suitable for patients over the age of 25. Also, it works best for men who have the Norwood pattern of hair loss, the most typical pattern of baldness. People with dense hair follicles often have better coverage after FUT so do people with curly hair and those with limited donor tissue.
This procedure is best suited to treating the receding front hairline. If the color of your hair matches the color of your skin tone, then FUT is ideal for you since there is only a minor color difference.
Benefits of FUT Hair Transplants
Here are some of the benefits of FUT hair transplants.
Baldness Is Minimized
A FUT hair transplant is the answer to your hair loss problems. After surgery, you won’t have to fret about a balding crown or receding hairline. A FUT hair transplant increases the number of hair follicles on the recipient area of your scalp, making your locks appear fuller and thicker. The results of a FUT procedure are quite sustainable and fail-proof.
Hairline That Looks Natural
The traces of hair restoration surgery shouldn’t be visible. A FUT hair transplant results in a more natural-looking hairline than irritating wigs provide. Even the tiny linear scar at the back can be hidden by the surrounding hair. After surgery, you can expect lasting effects and a fuller head of hair.
People who face hair loss at a young age are more conscious of their appearance. Hair loss can cause low self-esteem, which may have a physical and psychological impact on your personal and professional life. However, after an FUT hair transplant, you may regain your missing confidence and feel more like yourself.
Your new hair will be relatively simple to maintain. Transplanted hair behaves the same as your natural hair. No special shampoos are required to keep it thick. After you’ve been permitted to wash your scalp by your doctor, purchase a mild shampoo to wash the recipient area and give a gentle massage to your scalp.
You may also assume that the FUT hair transplant procedure is costly, but this is a common misconception. When you take into consideration the cost of alternative therapies, you’ll find that the expenses rise tremendously over time as these are not permanent solutions. Eventually, the cost of these alternative methods will exceed the cost of a one-time hair transplant operation. Think about hair transplant surgery like FUT in case you’re looking for a cost-effective and lasting solution to chronic hair loss.
How Much Does a FUT Hair Transplant Cost in Sarasota, FL?
The cost of a FUT procedure might vary in Sarasota, Florida, based on various factors like the number of grafts and the experience and skill level of your surgeon as well as market prices. However, at MAXIM Hair Restoration’s Sarasota office, the surgery is affordable. We also provide 0% financing to qualifying clients.
What to Do Before Your FUT Hair Transplant?
Like any other surgery, there are some dos and don’ts to follow before a FUT hair transplant procedure too. Let’s read about a few of them.
- Shower and thoroughly cleanse your scalp before coming to the office for the appointment.
- Wear a loose button-up shirt so it can be easily taken off.
- Eat a light breakfast, but avoid caffeine.
- Don’t take aspirin or vitamins for a few days before the surgery but be sure to get consent from your doctor before stopping any medications.
- Also, avoid energy drinks, as almost the majority of them contain stimulants that can increase bleeding.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol for a few days before the procedure.
What to Do After Your FUT Hair Transplant?
There are certain after-surgery instructions that you must also follow to avoid any trauma or infection. Some of them are.
- Maintain a 45-degree angle with your head while sleeping. Sleeping in a recliner or with a neck pillow is ideal. Either will help prevent you from rolling over and ripping out your new hair.
- Your grafts will be very sensitive, so don’t touch the recipient’s scalp with ice, towels, or sprays.
- As soon as you get home, begin your antibiotics and/or any meds prescribed by your hair restoration physician.
- Also, take your pain relievers precisely as indicated on the bottle. Don’t take medication on an empty stomach.
- Avoid wearing any head coverings until your sutures are removed.
- Shower the second or third day as instructed but with a cup, and cleanse the donor area gently. Only run water through the recipient spot.
- Get your sutures taken off by the doctor after about a week following the FUT.
When Can the Final Results Be Seen?
The new hairs should begin to grow roughly four months following the surgery. This hair growth will become thicker during the next 10 to 15 months. The hair will keep on growing in the same manner as the hair in the donor spot over time, resulting in a thicker, fuller head of hair.
Are you also looking for hair-loss Solutions? Everyone’s condition is distinct, and that is why at MAXIM, our hair restoration experts are always just a call away to answer any concerns you may have. Allow us to assist you in determining the best option for you; schedule a free consultation with us now.