Welcome to MAXIM Hair Restoration in Fort Worth, TX
Alopecia or male/female pattern hair loss can be permanent or temporary. It might be caused due to hormonal changes or heredity traits, or it can be a typical aspect of aging. Anyone can lose their hair, but men are more susceptible to hair loss than women. Baldness is commonly defined as significant hair loss from the scalp. Some people don’t fret much about their hair loss and let it progress naturally. Others may conceal it with hats, different hairstyles, or scarves, while others try OTC options that generally don’t work in growing hair or one of the various hair transplant procedures such as FUE or FUT to restore hair growth.
If you are in Fort Worth, TX, MAXIM Hair Restoration offers the best medical experts for an FUE hair transplant procedure. Its office at Hulen Street caters to multiple locations like Fort Worth, DFW, Dallas, Arlington, Bedford, Hurst, Euless, and North Texas.
Let us understand the FUE hair transplant in little more detail.
What Is an FUE Hair Transplant?
Follicular unit extraction, or FUE, is a hair transplant method that involves removing grafts from the donor area one clump of hair at a time. Grafts are selected individually. This is contrary to the FUT or follicular unit transplantation procedure, which involves removing a strip of skin with follicles from the donor location, which leaves a straight-line scar over the ensuing gap. The FUE method ensures precise harvesting and positioning to get the required effects. The surgeon removes each follicle separately while the patient remains relaxed under anesthesia.
What Are the Benefits of FUE Hair Transplants?
The following are the top five advantages of FUE hair transplant surgery:
FUE hair transplant is an outpatient procedure requiring just a local anesthetic. Patients come in the morning for the procedure and can leave the same day.
The surgeon uses this precise excision method, which is unrivaled in the accuracy of hair transplant techniques. Small incisions are made, and a clump of hair is extracted from the donor site and grafted at the balding spot.
Less Recovery Time
One thing that is good about FUE is the shorter healing and recovery time. There are fewer post-operative restrictions compared to other hair transplant procedures such as FUT.
Little and Non-Apparent Scarring
Doctors extract follicular units from the back and sides of the head one by one during an FUE transplant. It prevents the more visible linear scar commonly linked with other hair transplant techniques. Instead, the scarring takes the form of a dot-like arrangement that is nearly unnoticeable following recovery and regrowth. Because of the little scarring, patients can keep their hair extremely short (but not entirely shaved) with no obvious indication of having undergone a hair transplant treatment.
FUE hair transplants are conducted with the help of advanced instruments and systems which speed up the procedure and help provide better outcomes. This modern technology enables the most minimally invasive and accurate hair transplant surgery.
The amount of pain and discomfort associated with FUE hair transplant surgery is much less than that associated with FUT treatments. FUE patients often have very favorable outcomes, with problems being quite rare. Any soreness and surgical symptoms generally last no more than a few days.
How Much Does an FUE Hair Transplant Cost in Fort Worth, TX?
The cost of an FUE hair transplant is determined by the number of grafts of hair removed and transplanted. It also depends on how qualified the surgeons are in the Forth Worth area to do this surgery and how often that particular surgeon can conduct FUE hair transplants. Since most health insurance policies do not consider cosmetic operations like this, you will most likely have to pay for your FUE hair transplant yourself.
If you are found to be a candidate at MAXIM Hair Restoration in Fort Worth, 0% financing is also available to those who qualify. The mode of payment is also pretty flexible as you can make payments through cash, bank checks, or credit cards.
What To Do Before Your FUE Hair Transplant
There are certain do’s and don’ts leading up to FUE Hair Restoration surgery.
- Refrain from using any blood thinners that may promote bleeding one week before the FUE.
- You can continue doing your everyday activities as usual until the day of the surgery.
- You can take a regular shower in the morning before your intervention day.
- Before your surgery, you should have a light breakfast, nothing very oily.
- Keep your hair at normal length – not too short or too long.
- You should be wearing loose clothes during the session.
- Make sure you inform the hair transplant doctor and staff about any allergies, reactions to medications, prior medical history and relevant information.
- FUE hair transplant is a relatively straightforward process conducted under a local anesthetic. You will be wide awake during the procedure but can take a nap, watch a movie, converse with our staff, etc.
What To Do After Your FUE Hair Transplant
Some of the post-surgery precautions are important to follow.
- The day after your operation, you may wash your body but keep the hair dry. For 72 hours, do not allow the rush of water to strike the implants or try to wash any part of the head.
- Keep taking your antibiotics and other medicines as directed.
- During the recovery period, itching is frequent. You may begin washing your hair very gently with a light shampoo 72 hours after your operation. This is a crucial step in reducing scabbing and bacteria growth.
- At the end of the first week, carefully clean the ointment off and then administer a hot pack to the grafted region for about 10 minutes. Afterward, take a gentle shower. Allow the shower water to dry on the grafts before shampooing and conditioning as usual with a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
- After that, you may blow dry your hair and resume your regular style process. Continue with this washing and drying process.
- Do not wear a heat or cap immediately following the procedure. Ask your doctor when to start wearing one.
- Avoid doing heavy exercises and driving for at least a week.
The bottom line is that you must discuss the reason for your hair loss and possible treatments with your doctor before considering any hair loss therapy. If you are in Fort Worth, TX, schedule a free consultation with the MAXIM Hair Restoration clinic, and their expert team will gladly answer all your queries.