There are a number of factors that need to be considered when following a regimen that will help solve hair loss problems. If you are a teenager, one would not recommend to you some solutions that we would recommend to an adult. Going through this harrowing experience and handling it well is worthy of applause. Having the courage to look for solutions is a much smarter and better move than locking yourself in a room. If it is any comfort, you are not alone in this. About 16% of teenage boys suffer from male pattern baldness.
All these teenage boys have the same questions: Why am I losing my hair? What do I do to stop it? Here is what you should do to be able to answer these questions and get on your path to healthy hair:
- See an expert. Find a certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon or trichologist who can diagnose your condition.
- Start a healthy diet. You need nutritious foods to keep your hair healthy. Modify your diet so it contains more proteins, iron, and vitamin B. Seek professional help if you are suffering from an eating disorder like anorexia nervosa or bulimia.
- If you went through chemotherapy, hair loss is normal. Try not to stress about losing your hair and direct your time and effort on the treatment. Your hair will grow back normally when it’s over.
- If your hairline is beginning to recede you can try the various cosmetic choices intended for this situation:
- Shave your hair and go completely bald.
- Use Toppik, a filler product that can give the illusion of thicker and fuller hair. This is a good idea especially during the first stages of receding hairline.
- Use Minoxidil but first seek the permission of your parents and doctor. Hair loss in teenagers is obviously still on its earliest stage. Minoxidil works wonders when it comes to stopping hair shedding at this point when your follicles are not yet dead.
- If you are already 18 years of age, you can already use Propecia which is available only through prescription. It has serious possible side effects that’s why it is necessary to weigh your options well before using it.
- Undergo laser therapy if you can afford it. It is effective during the beginning stages of hair loss. It is one of the most popular options because it is nonsurgical. You can also use laser comb which you can buy from hair replacement salons.
These are some of the most effective ways to solve hair loss in teenage boys. I do not suggest doing hair transplants at this age since your hair, scalp and face will still go through some stage of development. Also, hair loss does not stabilize until after your mid-20s. If you do hair transplants as early as now, you will continue to lose non-transplanted hair and your hairline will look strange when you get older. There is a big chance that your hair will grow back so don’t stress too much. So, rest and relax.
Here are some non-surgical hair restoration solutions that MAXIM offers. For more details, call us at (632) 818-6000 or (632) 813-3001.