It is getting more common for people to get hair transplant procedures as the methods keep improving. It is just less obvious than in earlier times when everyone could spot a person with bad hair plugs. Yet, there are still a few facts about hair transplant surgery that are not widely known.
1. A large percentage of men have balding issues. In fact, 50% of American men that are 50 years old or older are dealing with some amount of hair loss. Hair problems in today’s society beg to be conquered. Some do it by shaving their heads completely. Others take the exact opposite route and have hair transplant. Those who accept their baldness may have a healthy psyche, but they are slightly out of step with the rest of the world.
2. The procedure is permanent. If you decide you do not like the results, it is not as simple as taking off a wig to change your hair. You would have to go through one or two sessions. This is why you should never accept any doctor’s offer to do just a few hair grafts and see how you like it before doing a full hair transplant surgery. You need to do a reasonably sized session in order to see a meaningful difference.
3. You need one or two days of rest following your hair transplant procedure. Since the operation is so easy to endure, you might think that you can jump up and go right back to your regular activities. It is just your scalp after all, not muscle or bone. The truth is that you have many small wounds and you need to protect them.
4. A typical hair transplant session takes a few hours. It can take up to six months to see the results. Many people opt for an additional session after six months or a year in order to develop more density and get more hair.
5. A Hair transplant is the best alternative to non-surgical solutions such as wigs, hair pieces, solutions, lotions, potions, etc. that generally do not work or have limited results.
6. In order to achieve the desired result, one must follow the instructions of the hair transplant physician or surgeon following their procedure. How you care for your scalp and hair for the first week or two following your hair transplant is key. For example, if you stand under a shower or comb your hair with a brush, you may lose some transplanted follicles and grafts.
7. Hair transplant treatments do not cost as much as you think. For example, you might spend $3,500 to $5,000 on a hair transplant which will last a lifetime. If you live say 50 years following your hair transplant, that’s less than $10 per month. Non-surgical solutions such as wigs, hair pieces, etc. cost a lot more.
From a financial standpoint, it’s a no brainer and the results are natural and permanent.
You can also Email your pics to MAXIM to find out if you are a good candidate for an ultra-natural MAXIM hair transplant OR to obtain an estimate for your procedure and the approximate number of grafts that would be required to get you a great result.